Providing a comprehensive and critical examination of the complex issues involved in the management and organisational contexts of social work practice, this book will help readers to:
- Critically evaluate organisational theory, managerial techniques and organisational structures.
- Develop strategies for ethical and reflective organisational practice.
- Understand how to plan and manage change in learning organisations.
- Unpick important themes such as leadership, supervision, risk, decision making, and accountability.
- Explore the potential for increasing service user and worker participation in organisations.
The new edition of Organisational Practice is a solid up-to-date textbook for social work students seeking to be effective social workers within organisations. Mark Hughes and Michael Wearing have included interesting cases, diagrams and reflective questions, which are useful for making important concepts and theories accessible. Highly recommended!