Develop students’ critical thinking, abstract reasoning, and creative learning skills with concept-based teaching!
Take learning beyond the facts with a teaching approach that develops conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills. A Concept-Based curriculum recaptures students’ innate curiosity about the world and provides the thrilling feeling of using one’s mind well. Concept-Based teachers will learn how to:
- Meet the demands of rigorous academic standards
- Use the Structure of Knowledge and Process when designing disciplinary units
- Engage students in inquiry through inductive teaching
- Identify conceptual lenses and craft quality generalizations
SAGE Publications; February 2017
- ISBN: 9781506390437
- Edition: 2
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Concept-Based Curriculum and Instruction for the Thinking Classroom
Series: Corwin Teaching Essentials
- Author: H. Lynn Erickson; Lois A. Lanning; Rachel French
In The Press
"This new, updated edition of Erickson’s Concept-Based Curriculum and Instruction for the Thinking Classroom provides deep insights on how to create a thinking classroom by developing intellect and preparing our students for the 21st Century. This is a research-based, practical guide to designing curriculum and instruction that focuses on conceptual understandings through utilizing an inquiry-based approach. This book is bursting with examples and systematic strategies to engage and motivate our students. A must read for all 21st century educators!"