Moon Travel Guides: Find Your Adventure
Incredible wildlife, stunning glaciers and waterfalls, and unforgettable adventure awaits you in Moon Rocky Mountain National Park
.Moon Rocky Mountain National Park features:
- Itineraries for every timeline and budget, ranging from one day in the park to a week-long trip, including: Family Fun, Day Hikes, Winter Adventures, and Gaga for Glaciers
- Strategies for getting to Rocky Mountain National Park, avoiding crowds, and exploring its less-visited areas
- In-depth chapters on each region of the park, including Bear Lake and the East Side, Longs Peak and Wild Basin, Trail Ridge Road, Kawuneeche Valley, and Lumpy Ridge and the Mummy Range
- Coverage of gateway cities and towns, including Estes Park, Grand Lake, and Arapaho National Recreation Area
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expert tips for travelers looking to go hiking, biking, skiing, and more, plus essential packing and health and safety information
- Detailed hike descriptions with individual trail maps and backpacking options
- The top activities and unique ideas for exploring the park: Hike the dramatic glacier-formed gorges to find jaw-dropping waterfalls, and spot elk, moose, and bighorn sheep along the way. Join in on a summertime ranger program, snowshoe to a ghost town in the winter, or catch the annual Perseid meteor shower in August. Take an adventurous Rocky Mountain driving or cycling tour, or try your hand at rock climbing or fishing. Set up camp for a night under the stars, and wake up early for the spectacular sunrise
- Valuable insight from seasoned explorer and Rocky Mountain expert Erin English
- Honest advice on when to go and where to stay inside and outside the park, including campgrounds, guest ranches, cabins, and resorts
- Up-to-date information on park fees, passes, and reservations
- Recommendations for families, seniors, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and traveling with pets
- Thorough background on the wildlife, terrain, culture, and history
Staying in Colorado? Try Moon Colorado or Moon Denver.
For full coverage of America's national parks, check out Moon USA National Parks: The Complete Guide to All 59 National Parks
Avalon Publishing; May 2017
- ISBN: 9781631213304
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: Moon Rocky Mountain National Park
Series: Travel Guide
- Author: Erin English
Imprint: Moon Travel
About The Author
Erin English lives for the next hike or backpacking adventure. A Colorado resident since 2003, she has hiked and camped extensively throughout the state and in nearby Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, and Montana. Shortly after moving to Boulder, Colorado, she visited Rocky Mountain National Park on the recommendation of a friend, who proclaimed it "the best national park-ever." Erin wasn't one to disagree. So began a long love affair with Rocky's lakes, waterfalls, trails, wildlife, and secluded backcountry campsites. The park is her go-to place for relaxation and solitude.
During her 23-year career as a journalist, Erin has produced content for print, web, and television. Additionally, she has worked for numerous environmental nonprofits. She holds a particular passion for working outdoors with individuals with disabilities, and has served as a volunteer Nordic skiing instructor for the Eldora Special Recreation Program in Boulder, as well as the marketing director for the Adaptive Sports Center in Crested Butte.
As a freelance writer, Erin specializes in topics relating to travel, the outdoors, and mountain town life. She lives in Crested Butte, Colorado, where she enjoys hiking, skiing, and camping with her family.