Ellen DeGeneres, Robert Redford, Will Ferrell, Jennifer Aniston, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Martha Stewart, Tyra Banks, Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Tiki Barber, Owen Wilson, and Justin Timberlake tell you how they make a difference to the environment.
Inside The Green Book, find out how you can too:
- Don’t ask for ATM receipts. If everyone in the United States refused their receipts, it would save a roll of paper more than two billion feet long, or enough to circle the equator fifteen times!
- Turn off the tap while you brush your teeth. You’ll conserve up to five gallons of water per day. Throughout the entire United States, the daily savings could add up to more water than is consumed every day in all of New York City.
- Get a voice-mail service for your home phone. If all answering machines in U.S. homes were replaced by voice-mail services, the annual energy savings would total nearly two billion kilowatt hours. The resulting reduction in air pollution would be equivalent to removing 250,000 cars from the road for a year!
With wit and authority, authors Elizabeth Rogers and Thomas Kostigen provide hundreds of solutions for all areas of your life, pinpointing the smallest changes that have the biggest impact on the health of our precious planet.
Potter/Ten Speed/Harmony/Rodale; June 2007
- ISBN: 9780307406736
- Read online, or download in secure EPUB format
- Title: The Green Book
- Author: Elizabeth Rogers; Thomas M. Kostigen
About The Author
Elizabeth Rogers has worked with the Natural Resources Defense Council. She created and produced MTV’s eco-friendly show Trippin. She is currently an environmental consultant and lives with her son in Venice, California. She tries to shift a habit daily.
Thomas M. Kostigen writes the “Ethics Monitor” column for Dow Jones MarketWatch. A longtime journalist and former Bloomberg News editor, he has written works that have appeared in numerous publications around the world.