The Command Companion of Seamanship Techniques is the latest work from the well-respected marine author, D J House. It contains all the information needed for command posts at sea.
· All aspects of shipboard management are discussed, with special emphasis placed on health and safety.
· Guidelines on how to respond to accidents and emergencies at sea
· Contains the most recent SOLAS revisions and a discussion of marine law to keep you up to date with the latest rules and regulations.
In order to aid learning, the book includes a number of worked examples in the text along with questions and answers at the end of chapters.
The author tells you how to respond to accidents and emergencies at sea, in the event, for example of cargo contamination, collision, loss of stability due to cargo shift and damage due to flooding, fire plus loss of life/crew. In addition, the SOLAS revisions and a discussion of marine law is included to keep you up to date with all the latest rules and regulations.
In order to aid learning, this book will include a number of worked examples in the text along with questions and answers at the end of chapters.
D J House is senior lecturer in Nautical studies at the Nautical college, Fleetwood. His sea-going experience includes general cargo, reefer, bulk cargo, passenger and liner trades, underwater operations, and roll-on/roll-off ferries. He is a well-known marine author and has written Seamanship Techniques Volumes 1 and 2 (combined) and he has revised Cargo Work in the Kemp & Young series.
Taylor and Francis; July 2007
- ISBN: 9781136416491
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Command Companion of Seamanship Techniques
- Author: David House
In The Press
'This most recent volume by D. J. House... complements his earlier Volumes 1 and 2, refreshing Masters and Watch Officers in the age-old practice of practical seamanship while addressing some of the many changes currently affecting the marine industry.'
Maritime Journal, October 2002