Covers the latest competing theories in the field
Get a handle on the fundamentals of biological and cultural anthropology
When did the first civilizations arise? How many human languages exist? The answers are found in anthropology - and this friendly guide explains its concepts in clear detail. You'll see how anthropology developed as a science, what it tells us about our ancestors, and how it can help with some of the hot-button issues our world is facing today.
- How anthropologists learn about the past
- Humanity's earliest activities, from migration to civilization
- Why our language differs from other animal communication
- How to find a career in anthropology
Wiley; November 2008
- ISBN: 9780470430927
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Anthropology For Dummies
- Author: Cameron M. Smith; Evan T. Davies (other)
Imprint: For Dummies
About The Author
Cameron M. Smith, PhD, teaches anthropology courses at Portland State University and has written articles for Scientific American MIND, Archaeology, and Skeptical Inquirer. Evan T. Davies, PhD, has conducted fieldwork in Africa.