Real Estate Development and Investment
A Comprehensive Approach
Written by real estate industry veteran Stephen Peca, this timely guide skillfully outlines the various phases of the real estate development process and addresses some of the most important issues associated with this discipline.
Using numerous illustrations and anecdotes, this book takes you through the development process, from historical considerations and idea formulation to financial feasibility and asset disposition, while covering the entire cycle of real estate development for various property types. Topics touched upon throughout these pages include:
- The key factors affecting demand for different land uses and development
- The interaction of market research, financing, planning, contract negotiation, marketing, leasing, and property management
- The need for universal, current, and broad knowledge
- The importance of ethics in the development process
- The role of different professionals and companies involved in the development process
- Environmental considerations in real estate development
- And much more
Filled with in-depth insights and practical advice, this reliable resource will help you gain a firm understanding of the functional skills necessary to be successful in this field and familiarize you with several often-overlooked-but essential aspects of commercial real estate development.
Wiley; April 2009
- ISBN: 9780470480250
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Real Estate Development and Investment
Series: Wiley Finance
- Author: S. P. Peca
About The Author
Stephen P. Peca, CPA, MRICS, is a Managing Director of Concourse Realty Group, LLC, and is an adjunct assistant professor in the Real Estate Institute of New York University. Before forming Concourse Realty Group, he was with Fleet Securities, Inc. Peca also has extensive experience as a commercial banker, chief financial officer, and property developer. Much of his work extends into overseas markets, and as such, Peca has extensive experience arranging international and cross-border transactions, including corporate, project, and infrastructure finance. Peca has a Certificate in Advanced Management from the University of Chicago and has a BBA in public accounting. He has received the New York University Award for Outstanding Service and is a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors as a Chartered Management Consultancy Surveyor. He is also a member of the Financial Executive Networking Group (FENG) and established and leads the FENG NYC Real Estate Special Interest Group and is a member of CoreNet Global.