From the author of our best-selling and widely beloved HOW TO GROW MORE VEGETABLES comes this "quick and dirty" introduction to biointensive gardening that shows it is not only possible but easy to grow astonishing crops of healthful organic vegetables and fruits, while conserving resources and actually helping the soil. A revolutionary approach to feeding ourselves and nurturing the land, this book includes:
- Step-by-step illustrations and instructions that make these techniques simple for even the novice gardener.
- Everything you need to know about planning crops, composting, harvesting, and more.
- Complete resources for seeds, tools, and other garden supplies.Feed a family of four on the bounty of your backyard, or just get more out of your garden with less effort with this wonderful resource.
Potter/Ten Speed/Harmony/Rodale; April 2011
- ISBN: 9780307790491
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: The Sustainable Vegetable Garden
- Author: John Jeavons; Carol Cox
Imprint: Ten Speed Press
About The Author
JOHN JEAVONS is a cofounder of the group Ecology Action and the father of the modern biointensive gardening movement. He lives in Willits, California, where he has been growing more vegetables for decades.