America on Film: Representing Race, Class, Gender, and Sexuality in the Movies, 2nd Edition
is a lively introduction to issues of diversity as represented within the American cinema.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the industrial, socio-cultural, and aesthetic factors that contribute to cinematic representations of race, class, gender, and sexuality
- Includes over 100 illustrations, glossary of key terms, questions for discussion, and lists for further reading/viewing
- Includes new case studies of a number of films, including Crash, Brokeback Mountain, and Quinceañera
Wiley; August 2011
- ISBN: 9781444357592
- Edition: 2
- Read online, or download in secure ePub format
- Title: America on Film
- Author: Harry M. Benshoff; Sean Griffin
About The Author
Sean Griffin is Associate Professor of Cinema and Television at Southern Methodist University.
Harry M. Benshoff is Associate Professor of Radio, Television, and Film at the University of North Texas.