This essential and highly acclaimed guide, now updated and revised in its seventh edition, explains the business of the British music industry.
Drawing on her extensive experience as a media lawyer, Ann Harrison offers a unique, expert opinion on the deals, the contracts and the business as a whole. She examines in detail the changing face of the music industry and provides absorbing and up-to-date case studies.
Whether you’re a recording artist, songwriter, music business manager, industry executive, publisher, journalist, media student, accountant or lawyer, this practical and comprehensive guide is indispensable reading.
Fully revised and updated. Includes:
· The current types of record and publishing deals, and what you can expect to see in the contracts
· A guide to making a record, manufacture, distribution, branding, marketing, merchandising, sponsorship, band arrangements and touring
· The most up-to-date information on music streaming, digital downloads, online marketing and piracy
· An in-depth look at copyright law and related rights
· Case studies illustrating key developments and legal jargon explained.
"Harrison has cut a magnificent swathe through the legal jungle. Essential."
Ann Harrison runs her own successful legal consultancy. Former head of the music group at a leading media and entertainment law firm, she specialises in copyright and contract law for artists, producers, managers and publishers. annharrison.co.uk