The most comprehensive text available on the use of evidence-based medication therapies for optimal patient outcomes – updated with the latest breakthroughs and guidelines
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach is written to help you advance the quality of patient care through evidence-based medication therapy derived from sound pharmacotherapeutic principles. The scope of this trusted classic goes beyond drug indications and dosages to include the initial selection, proper administration, and monitoring of drugs. You will find everything you need to provide safe, effective drug therapy across the full range of therapeutic categories.
Presented in full-color, the Tenth Edition is enriched by more than 300 expert contributors, and every chapter has been updated to reflect the latest in evidence-based information and recommendations. This sweeping updates include tables, charts, algorithms, and practice guidelines. This edition is also enhanced by a timely all-new chapter on Travel Health.
Here’s why this is the perfect learning tool for students, patient-focused pharmacists, and other health care providers:
• All chapters have been updated to provide the most current, reliable, and relevant information possible
• Key Concepts at the beginning of each chapter
• Clinical Presentation Tables summarize disease signs and symptoms
• Clinical Controversies Boxes examine the complicated issues faced by students and clinicians in providing drug therapy
• Color coded diagnostic flow diagram, treatment algorithms, dosing recommendations, and monitoring approaches clearly distinguish treatment pathways
• Most disease-oriented chapters include updated evidence-based treatment guidelines that often include ratings of the level of evidence to support the key therapeutic approaches
Edition after trusted edition, Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach has been unmatched in its ability to clearly and impartially impart core pathophysiological and therapeutic elements that students and practitioners must be familiar with.
McGraw-Hill Education; January 2017
- ISBN: 9781259587498
- Edition: 10
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, Tenth Edition
- Author: Joseph T. DiPiro; Robert L. Talbert; Gary C. Yee; Gary R. Matzke; Barbara G. Wells; L. Michael Posey
Imprint: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical
About The Author
Joseph DiPiro, PharmD, FCCP (Richmond VA)is professor and Archie O. McCalley Dean of the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy. ,
Robert Talbert, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS (San Antonio, TX) Retired Professor, University of Texas, Health Science Center.
Gary Yee, PharmD, FCCP (Omaha, NB) Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, University of Nebraska, Medical Center.
Barbara Wells, PharmD, FASHP, FCCP, BCPP (Jackson, MI) Former Dean and Professor, Executive Director of the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy.
L. Michael Posey, BS Pharm (Athens, GA) former Editorial Director, American Pharmacists Association.
Gary Matzke, (Richmond VA) VCU School of Pharmacy's associate dean for clinical research and public policy.