Concise, practical, and based on the best available research, Essentials of Organizational Behavior: An Evidence-Based Approach, Second Edition equips students with the necessary skills to become effective leaders and managers. Author Terri A. Scandura uses an evidence-based approach to introduce students to new models proven to enhance the well-being, motivation, and productivity of people in the work place. Experiential exercises, self-assessments, and a variety of real-world cases and examples provide students with ample opportunity to apply OB concepts and hone their critical thinking abilities.
New to this Edition
- A new Emotions and Moods chapter delves into important topics like emotional intelligence, emotional contagion, and affective neuroscience.
- A new Power and Politics chapter unpacks the most effective influence strategies and helps students develop their political skills.
- A stremlined table of contents now combines perception and decision making in a single chapter and change and stress in a single chapter.
- New case studies, including some from SAGE Business Cases for the Interactive eBook, on topics such as virtual teams, equal pay and the gender wage gap, and the use of apps at work introduce timely and relevant discussions to help foster student engagement.
- The new edition has been rigorously updated with the latest research throughout and includes expanded coverage of Machiavellian leadership, ethical decision making, and organizational design through change.
- New Best Practices and Research in Action boxes as well as new Toolkit Activities and Self-Assessments have been added to make the text even more hands-on and practical.