As medical advances become more sophisticated, average life expectancies continue to grow. This presents significant challenges to the health care system, and caring for older people is now every nurse′s concern. This book aims to help nursing students understand how to care for older people in any care setting. It uniquely focuses on person-centred, humanised care in addition to physical care, helping students to examine attitudes towards older people in health care and combat negative stereotypes. The book takes a positive stance on ageing, celebrating the fact that in the Western world we live longer and healthier with a focus on the well-being of the individual.
· Easy-to-read introduction for nursing students, with a chapter on making the most of placements with older people;
· Linked to the latest NMC Standards and Essential Skills Clusters for degree-level education;
· Theory is linked to practice through case studies and scenarios, emphasising the lived experiences of the older person;
· Plenty of activities help build critical thinking and graduate skills;
· Further resources on the book’s website to help you in your teaching including additional questions and case studies, website links, and PDFs of useful resources.
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.