Put together by an outstanding author team, including many authors from the University of Northampton, An Introduction to Early Childhood is a much loved book that helps you explore all the major themes in early years education and care, while providing you with real insight into the changing world of early childhood.
To further support your study, this edition has been expanded to include five new chapters including The History of Childhood, Play and Creativity, Children and the Media, Leadership and Management, and Reflective Practice.
This book further supports your study with outstanding learning features including:
· Chapter objectives and introduction immediately introduce you to chapter concepts saving you time
· More case studies provide deeper insight into how theory works in practice
· Research in context boxes show how recent research is changing the world of early years
· Reflective questions encourage you to think like a reflective practitioner
· Chapter summaries aid your revision by recapping core concepts covered in each chapter
· Further reading and recommended websites direct you to additional resources to further support your study.
This book also comes with a new companion website with access a wealth of additional resources including:
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.