The therapeutic relationship is considered to be the most significant factor in achieving positive therapeutic change. As such, it is essential that trainee and practising therapists are able to facilitate a strong working alliance with each of their clients. This book will help them do just that, by offering a practical and evidence-based guide to all aspects of the therapeutic relationship in counselling and psychotherapy. Cross-modal in its approach, this book examines the issues impacting on the therapeutic relationship true to all models of practice.
Content covered includes:
- The history of the therapeutic relationship
- The place of the therapeutic relationship in a range of therapy settings, including IAPT
- Concepts and practical skills essential for establishing and maintaining a successful working alliance
- The application of the therapeutic relationship to a variety of professional roles in health and social care
- Practice issues including potential challenges to the therapeutic relationship, working with diversity and personal and professional development
- Research and new developments
Using examples, points for reflection and chapter aims and summaries to help consolidate learning, the authors break down the complex and often daunting topic of the therapeutic relationship, making this essential reading for trainee and practising therapists, as well as those working in a wider range of health, social care and helping relationships.
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.