The tools you need to build meaningful inclusive practices into your education program
Even the most experienced educators struggle with the challenge of designing and delivering meaningful inclusive practices in their school communities and classrooms. How can you deliver meaningful learning experiences that meet the needs of ALL students? The Inclusion Toolbox is an all-in-one resource that combines research-based strategies and practical tools to help you design and implement a truly inclusive education program.
The Inclusion Toolbox features materials relevant to all grades, disabilities, and stages of implementation, and is organized in a way that allows you to start at multiple entry points. You’ll discover:
- Step-by-step plans for implementing new programs through teambuilding and leadership
- Guidance on how to maintain, strengthen, and expand existing inclusive programs
- Strategies to empower and involve families, students with disabilities, and their peers
- Techniques to create effective and complementary schedules
- Tools to assess student interests, develop adaptation plans, encourage students to participate in extracurricular activities, and more
With user-friendly online resources and practical strategies, this comprehensive guide will help you expand your toolbox, inspire your students, and make inclusion a reality!
"Planning an IEP? Need to provide more support for your paraeducators? Unsure of how to get everyone on the same page when it comes to adaptations and modifications? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need this book. All of these topics and more are covered in the pages of this practical, resource-rich text. The Inclusion Toolkit will undoubtedly be the new go-to manual for any stakeholder interested in creating high-quality schools for all students. If you are looking for answers beyond the "why" and the "what" of teaching diverse learners, look no further than this powerful how-to guide written by two savvy educators who clearly understand the research and the practices associated with inclusive education in today’s K-12 schools."
- Paula Kluth, Educational Consultant
"For schools implementing inclusion or improving the way students are served, this book is a must read."
- Pam Wall, Guidance Counselor
Riverside Middle School