An all-new collection of exciting murder-mysteries with historical settings
This new volume of historical murder and mystery contains over 20 specially commissioned stories ranging in period from Ancient Rome to the reign of Good Queen Bess. It features original stories from such masters as Steven Saylor, Peter Tremayne, Philip Gooden, Susanna Gregory, Kate Ellis, Michael Jecks, Edward D. Hoch and Marilyn Todd.
· In Steven Saylor’s Roman tale, Poppy and the Poisoned Cake, Gordianus the Finder feels his latest assignment is suspiciously easy to solve.
· Edward D. Hoch puts a novel twist on the locked-room mystery by setting it on a “locked ship” — Christopher Columbus’s, in fact!
· In Flibbertigibbet Paul Finch unleashes a deranged serial killer on Elizabethan London.
· Falstaff ’s successor Sir Johan de Mandeville turns sleuth in Keith Taylor’s Bene?t of Clergy.
· Sister Fidelma must solve the mystery of a murdered Celtic monk in Death of an Icon by Peter Tremayne.
· A pig provides the key to Michael Jecks’s latest Sir Baldwin mystery.-
· Cherith Baldry turns Geoffrey Chaucer into a secret agent in her version of The Pilgrim’s Tale.
· Anarchy and murderous intent rule when the Romans leave the British Isles in Richard Butler’s The Last Legion.
. . . plus many more tales of dark age murder and mayhem!
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.