A practical guide for registered nurses in all fields, who are planning to undertake one of the new supervisor or assessor roles outlined in the latest NMC standards.
The book helps nurses prepare for the role of practice supervisor, practice assessor or academic assessor, by outlining what is expected in each of the roles, in accordance with the 2018 NMC standards, and explaining which competencies are needed to ensure success in the new supervisory and academic positions. These competencies include:
· Understanding how students learn
· Understanding how to empower nurses and why this is important
· Learning to utilise student feedback to enhance your own development
· Identifying the importance of including the participation of service users in nursing governance and quality
· Ensuring compliance with all legal, regulatory, professional and educational requirements.
It will also be useful for experienced NMC mentors and practitioners looking to update their skills for the new NMC Educational Framework.
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy. See details.