Working with even small amounts of qualitative data can be intimidating. Students may not know where to start, how much detail to involve, what themes really tell you, and why they matter in the larger context of the research. Focused on building confidence and decreasing anxiety from information overload by helping students build a manageable system that works for digging into and making sense of their individual data, this Little Quick Fix answers questions like:
- What is a theme?
- How do I start looking for themes?
- How do I turn my transcriptions into themes?
- How do I turn my codes into themes?
- How do I turn my categories into themes?
- How will I know if my themes are any good?
- How will I know if my themes are meaningful?
Students need help over hurdles at every stage of their research project. They want simple, powerful, accessible tools that deliver results fast. They need to meet interim assessment deadlines and prove that they have successfully passed through multiple stages of their project, or need to master a stage of understanding in a learning cascade before they can proceed to the next week in their methods module.
Their supervisors are increasingly unable to help, but will still be assessing results. Students need more than YouTube.
Titles in the Little Quick Fix series offer:
· Visual, design-led learning
· Clear, structured, useful pedagogy
· A hand-holding, step-by-step approach for students who are less able, or less academically prepared by school so far
· Effective self-directed learning with DIY progress tracking
· A stand-in for the busy/unavailable supervisor
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.