With a calming, reassuring tone, Nicholas Walliman gives you the ability and confidence to plan, design, and prepare for your research project. The new edition of this bestselling book will help you:
- Explain research theory within the context of your own project
- Curate, structure, and format your literature review
- Anticipate the challenges of social media and web-based research
- Apply ‘how to’ tips quickly to your own research planning and design
- Monitor your progress in the field with checklists
- Develop writing habits to use as a springboard for dissertations, reports, and articles
- Build a foundation of practical, general research skills like time management, organization, and critical thinking to carry you beyond your project.
New to the 4th Edition:
- New step-by-step chapter on how to write a successful research proposal
- New chapter ′Writing Strategies′ offers guidelines for different assignments to help carry students beyond their research proposal
- More ‘How To’ examples of literature reviews, proposals and ethics applications
- Expanded coverage of literature review strategies - more emphasis on accessing on-line resources and use of the internet
- Enhanced checklists of issues for consideration or tasks students should undertake in order to progress their work
- More information surrounding online and social media research and implications on information sourcing, ethics, and methods
- Increased coverage of the research methods section to include more practical support and additional information on mixed-methods
- Further stresses the importance of avoiding plagiarism with an expanded section on this topic.
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.