The one-stop reference on all aspects of the U.S. presidency, The Presidency A to Z, Fifth Edition is an authoritative and accessible volume providing all the basic information readers need to understand the executive branch. This new and extensively revised fifth edition features important new entries on Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, John McCain, Guantanamo Bay, and War in Afghanistan. It also includes updated entries on Campaign Finance, Iraq War, Presidents′ relationship with Congress, and many more.
More 300 comprehensive, easy-to-read entries offer quick information and in-depth background on how the executive branch has responded to the challenges facing the nation. Readers will find:
· Biographies of every president and many others important to the office
· Explanations of broader concepts and powers relating to the presidency
· Complete election coverage and analysis
· Discussions of relations with Congress, the Supreme Court, the bureaucracy, political parties, the media, interest groups, and the public
· Exploration of the policies of each president and their impact on U.S. and world history
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.