This important new methods text sets out to equip qualitative researchers with the tools necessary to conduct ethnography in the age of email and the internet. It will investigate how digital technologies potentially transform the ways in which we do research. This text also introduces the reader to new emerging methods that utilise new technologies and explains how to conduct data collection, analysis and representation using new technologies and `hypermedia′.
Essential reading for any student or researcher interested in qualitative research in an age of hypermedia, this text:
- explains how digital technology impacts on social research;
- investigates how digital technology has reshaped the field of social research;
- consider the implications of bringing multimedia into the forefront of qualitative research;
- suggests new ways of observing and documenting a `technologised′ and design-rich society;
- enables the reader to use new technologies to handle and represent qualitative data;
- unpacks the theoretical implications of writing and researching for the electronic screen
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.