This critical introduction to the field offers a systematic account of the meaning and structure of leisure today.
• situates the student in the field
• provides a comprehensive account of the leading approaches to leisure
• explores the influence of class, race, gender, ethnicity, disability and age
• discusses to role of the sate
• examines leisure in the context of changing work relationships
• locates leisure in the debate around globalization
In short, this is an indispensable, one-stop guide to understanding leisure.
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.