This title will be released on .
This eBook is no longer available for sale.
This eBook is not available in your country.
Hailed by The New York Times as a “feminist classic,” and “America’s bestselling book on women’s health,” the comprehensive guide to all aspects of women’s health and sexuality, including menopause, birth control, childbirth, sexual health, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental health and general well-being.
Six years after the 2005 overhaul of this classic guide to women’s health, the 2011 edition focuses on what Our Bodies, Ourselves does best: provide information on women’s reproductive health and sexuality; practical information on how find and access health information; and resources, stories, and information to educate women about health care injustices and inspire them to work collectively to address them. This new edition of Our Bodies, Ourselves includes the latest vital information on:
•Changes in the health care system—especially how health care reform affects women and how to get the care you need.
• Safer sex—how to engage in pleasurable, satisfying sexual experiences while protecting your health and the health of your partner.
• Environmental health risks—including minimizing exposure to everyday pollutants that endanger reproductive health.
• Body image—resisting negative media stereotypes and embracing healthier approaches to looking and feeling good.
• Local and global activism—using social media and organizing tactics to build community and advocate for policies that improve women’s lives.
• As well as crucial information about gender identity, sexual orientation, birth control, abortion, pregnancy and birth, perimenopause, and sexuality and sexual health as we age.
Together with its companion website, OurBodiesOurselves.org, Our Bodies, Ourselves is a one-stop resource for women of all generations.
Download file formats
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
Digital Rights Management (DRM)
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
- Adobe Digital Editions (This is a free app specially developed for eBooks. It's not the same as Adobe Reader, which you probably already have on your computer.)