- Specific techniques from different therapeutic orientations
- How to tailor the skills or approach used to the specific client problem
- Case conceptualisation and management
- Therapeutic alliance; establishing and exploring the relationship
- Multidisciplinary working
- How to deal with situations such as silence, crying, and aggression.
Integrating cognitive, behavioural, person-centred/experiential and psychodynamic approaches, the author provides research-informed practical instructions on how to deliver therapy and includes extracts from counselling sessions to demonstrate the skills in action.
This is essential reading for postgraduates on Counselling and Psychotherapy Diplomas and Masters courses, and will also be of benefit to Clinical and Counselling Psychology students.
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.