This long-awaited second edition responds to significant shifts in policy and the revised text additionally addresses:
- the importance of confidentiality in establishing a working alliance and maintaining a secure environment for therapy with children
- the conflicting pressures faced by therapists concerning issues of parental involvement and children at risk
- changes in light of the Children Act 2004, Mental Health Act 2007, and the Axon case
- changes in the organisation of child protection
- increased provision of therapeutic services for children, particularly in school settings, and the growing numbers of counsellors working with children
- the relevance of psychoanalysis in development of child-focused therapy, as well as reference to other therapeutic approaches to child therapy
- the urgent case for developing ′confidential spaces′ within therapeutic services for children and young people.
Illustrated with vivid case examples, Therapy with Children provides stimulating reading and is an excellent source of reference for all psychotherapists and counsellors working with children. The issues here will also be of direct relevance to youth workers, teachers, social workers and health professionals.
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.