Three dimensions of media education for the 3-11 age range are highlighted : children′s own cultural experiences, the development of critical awareness, and opportunities for creative expression. The chapters are written by literacy advisors, leading academics, teacher-trainers and classroom practitioners.
Topics covered include:
- understanding children′s relationships with media and how to build on these constructively
- getting to grips with "multimodality"
- developing children′s critical skills through watching and analysing moving image media
- broadening children′s experiences of different kinds of media and their media literacy
- creative media activities that promote imaginative thinking and decision-making
- the importance of social networking and social media and how to use these in the classroom
In an increasingly digital world, media education is an essential part of good teaching, not just as a tool to teach the more traditional aspects of the curriculum, but in its own right as an essential part of literacy.
This book is relevant to all teachers working in Primary schools, and will be particularly helpful for Literacy Co-ordinators.
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.