This practical book is designed to help those new to the Learning Mentor role avoid common pitfalls, and to help those with more experience to develop their skills.
Written by an expert practitioner, the book includes:
- step-by-step advice on how to be a good Learning Mentor
- guidance on working with school management teams, teachers and parents
- advice on how to provide effective student support
- case studies to illustrate best practice
- suggested strategies for monitoring and evaluating interventions
- templates to use and adapt
- substantial electronic resource materials available from the SAGE website to use with the book.
An inspiring read for all primary and secondary Learning Mentors and trainee Learning Mentors, this book is relevant to anyone involved with student support and pastoral care.
Stephanie George is a teacher and manager of the Learning Support Unit at Plashet School, East London where she is responsible for the training of learning mentors.
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.