Finding innovative ways of supporting children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in this context is more important than ever, as children are being diagnosed with increasingly complex needs. Those working with children need to be aware of the fresh opportunities that are opening up and which can help every individual to maximise their full potential.
This book examines how partnership working affects children with SEND by considering:
- the diversity of additional needs;
- the role of specialist schools that have an SEN specialism;
- partnership working between mainstream and special schools;
- partnership working with groups of schools, including those that are co-located or federated;
- the growth of academies and trust schools;
- schools and other services working together;
- the work of extended schools and children′s centres;
- a wide range of other services for children, young people and families.
Filled with case studies of effective practice from real schools and services, this book is a must-have for those looking at how to work together to achieve positive outcomes for all.
Rona Tutt OBE is a Past President of the National Association of Head Teachers (NAHT) and works as a consultant, writer and researcher on all matters relating to education in general, and special educational needs and disabilities in particular.
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.