VMware 2V0-620 and 2V0-621 exams retired in 2019. We are continuing to make this content available for those who wish to use it to study the foundational information it contains.
Trust the Official Cert Guide series from VMware Press to help you learn, prepare, and practice for exam success. They are the only VMware authorized self-study books and are built with the objective of providing assessment, review, and practice to help ensure you are fully prepared for your certification exam.
- Master VMware certification exam topics
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-opening quizzes
- Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
This is the eBook edition of The VCP6-DCV Official Cert Guide. This eBook does not include the practice exam that comes with the print edition.
The VCP6-DCV Official Cert Guide presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. “Do I Know This Already?” quizzes open each chapter and enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly.
The VCP6-DCV Official Cert Guide focuses specifically on the objectives for the VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV #2VO-621) exam. Leading VMware consultants, trainers, and data center experts John A. Davis, Steve Baca, and Owen Thomas share preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
Well-regarded for its level of detail, assessment features, comprehensive design scenarios, and challenging review questions and exercises, this official study guide helps you master the concepts and techniques that will enable you to succeed on the exam the first time.
The official study guide helps you master all the topics on the VCP6-DCV (#2VO-621) exam, including:
- Securing vSphere environments
- Implementing advanced network virtualization policies, features, and Network I/O control (NIOC)
- Configuring and using VMware storage protocols, VSAN and VVOL software-defined storage, ESXi host interactions, and Storage I/O Control (SIOC)
- Upgrading vSphere deployments to 6.x, including vCenter Server and ESXi Hosts
- Planning and using Resource Pools
- Implementing backup/recovery with VMware Data Protection and vSphere Replication
- Troubleshooting performance, storage, networks, upgrades, clusters, and more
- Successfully configuring Auto Deploy environments with host profiles and virtualized workloads
- Configuring and administering vSphere high availability
- Using advanced VM settings, content libraries, and vCloud Air connectors
The VCP6-DCV Official Cert Guide is part of a recommended learning path from VMware that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized VMware instructors and self-study products from VMware Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered worldwide, please visit www.vmware.com/training.