When it comes to presenting research there′s the good, the bad, and the messy. Students need to factor in the different elements of a presentation and learn how to draw upon their existing skills to improve their presentation skills for maximum impact.
Present Your Research provides a clever, beautiful workbook packed with real life examples to help students understand the elements of presentations and how to build confidence around them by working through Zina O′Leary′s guided exercises.
Presentations are increasingly a key assessment of student research and projects and are one of the core employability skills. Zina′s Present Your Research Little Quick Fix shows students how to nail them.
Little Quick Fix titles provide quick but authoritative answers to the problems, hurdles, and assessment points students face in the research course, project proposal, or design whatever their methods learning is.
- Lively, ultra-modern design; full-colour, each page a tailored design.
- An hour′s read. Easy to dip in and out of with clear navigation enables the reader to find what she needs—quick.
- Direct written style gets to the point with clear language. Nothing needs to be read twice. No fluff.
- Learning is reinforced through a 2-minute overview summary; 3-second summaries with super-quick Q&A
- DIY tasks create a work plan to accomplish a task, do a self-check quiz, solve a problem, get students to what they need to show their supervisor.
- Checkpoints in each section make sure students are nailing it as they go and support self-directed learning.
- How do I know I’m done? Each Little Quick Fix wraps up with a finale checklist that allows the reader to self-assess they’ve got what they need to progress, submit, or ace the test or task.