How do the EEO laws affect a company′s or an organization′s key personnel decisions? Popular in its first edition with readers who needed dependable information on this pertinent question. This new edition has been completely updated and revised for more accessibility. This edition continues the practice of providing readers with a framework for understanding each federal EEO law in terms of six key questions:
- Who has rights (protected classes)?
- Who has duties (covered entities)?
- Which practices are prohibited (covered practices)?
- How do claims reach court (administrative procedures)?
- What are the penalties for breaking the law (remedies)?
- How are claims decided at trial (judicial scenarios)?
These questions offer a way for untangling the overlapping and complimentary features of the EEO laws as a group even when these laws protect the same classes (such as race or gender). Besides the latest EEO law information and a new chapter that highlights the major changes in these laws, this new edition now includes:
- Introductory sections for each chapter provide an overview of the chapter′s content.
- Opening key questions arranged by chapter headings so that the reader knows where to look to find a quick answer.
- Summary tables highlight and compare key cases, legal scenarios, and key topics.
- Brief within chapter summaries recap the effect of a law or summarizes a major topic.
- Compliance issues are discussed at the end of each chapter along with a list of "Do′s and Don′ts".
- Discussion questions end chapters and offer stimulating ideas for class discussions or personal reflection
Written for non-legal students and practitioners, this book gives readers the tools for avoiding workplace discrimination and preempting the need for litigation.
You can read this ebook online in a web browser, without downloading anything or installing software.
This ebook is available in file types:
This ebook is available in:
After you've bought this ebook, you can choose to download either the PDF version or the ePub, or both.
The publisher has supplied this book in DRM Free form with digital watermarking.
You can read this eBook on any device that supports DRM-free EPUB or DRM-free PDF format.
The publisher has supplied this book in encrypted form, which means that you need to install free software in order to unlock and read it.
To read this ebook on a mobile device (phone or tablet) you'll need to install one of these free apps:
To download and read this eBook on a PC or Mac:
The publisher has set limits on how much of this ebook you may print or copy.