Improve problem behavior in your classroom with these ADHD facts and intervention strategies!
This valuable resource helps teachers better understand ADHD and provides them with clear-cut intervention strategies for dealing with everything from general behavior challenges to specific ADHD issues. Featuring case studies and the latest research-based information, the book offers specific strategies that help general and special education teachers:
- Make accommodations in the classroom
- Promote appropriate behavior and discourage inappropriate behavior
- Apply techniques for dealing with children’s impulsivity, attention problems, hyperactivity, and difficulty following directions
- Use relaxation and stress management techniques to cope with behavior challenges
SAGE Publications; January 2010
- ISBN: 9781452212500
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Managing ADHD in the K-8 Classroom
- Author: Grad L. Flick (ed.)
In The Press
"Flick has once again given teachers the tools they need to be master behavioral technologists in the classroom. Every teacher in every classroom could benefit by reading this book. Those who teach particularly challenging children will benefit the most. By following Flick’s practical recommendations, teachers will be able to systematically employ behavioral strategies to effectively improve classroom behavior and attention, increase academic performance, and positively impact the self-esteem of students in their class."