Motivation is foundational to learning
This book’s bold new vision for professional learning emphasizes the importance of intrinsic motivation and respect for cultural diversity. Knowing that culture and motivation are inseparable influences on learning, Margery B. Ginsberg provides practical steps for teaching and learning that are grounded in the reality of students' lives. The program’s processes include:
- Shadowing students to help sharpen teachers’ understanding of student motivation.
- Conducting home visits to better connect with students’ lives and families
- Collaborating with other teachers to design lessons
- Analyzing data in collaboration with students, families, and community members
SAGE Publications; July 2011
- ISBN: 9781452230788
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Transformative Professional Learning
- Author: Margery B. Ginsberg
In The Press
"Given the presence of instructional expertise, Gnisberg's book is a highly user-friendly, practical guide for school professionals. The guidance can help educators successfully engage our most disaffected and disempowered students."