How can you best help children with autism reach their full potential?
Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) present a perplexing challenge for parents and school professionals. This essential resource was developed to respond directly to the difficulty school professionals and families face in selecting and applying appropriate interventions and treatments for the children in their care. The information is presented in a straightforward format, practical for finding answers to complex questions, and includes:
- A description of the intervention or treatment
- Reported benefits and effects associated with its use
- A synthesis of how the outcomes relate to individuals with ASD
- Potential costs and risks
SAGE Publications; June 2004
- ISBN: 9781452222264
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Author: Richard L. Simpson; Sonja R. de Boer-Ott; Deborah Griswold; Brenda Smith Myles; Sara E. Byrd; Jennifer Ganz; Katherine Tapscott Cook; Kaye L. Otten; Josefa Ben-Arieh; Sue Ann Kline; Lisa Garriott Adams
In The Press
"...the authors of the volume under review are to be commended for their efforts and for the resulting product. Simpson and colleagues have produced a resource that parents and professionals can consult with the confidence that the evaluations and judgments of the interventions are generally fair and reflect the scientific evidence available to date...the book fills an important need and can serve as a model and stimulus for similar work in the future."