Help your English learning students achieve academic success!
Designed to empower educators to become agents of change in their classrooms, schools, and communities, this guide introduces the principles of Cultural Proficiency and how they can help improve educators’ ability to effectively teach English language learners. This book features:
- Activities that build core Cultural Proficiency skills and promote personal transformation
- A chapter-by-chapter rubric for working effectively with English learning students
- A conversation-starting case story featuring the River View School District
- Strategies for using action research to improve the success of English learning students
SAGE Publications; July 2012
- ISBN: 9781452274294
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Culturally Proficient Practice
- Author: Reyes L. Quezada; Delores B. Lindsey; Randall B. Lindsey
In The Press
"I find this book to be a rich and valuable resource for every education professional working in a diverse society. While it exposes the many complex cultural issues that are present in schools, especially in working with English learning students and their families, it proposes a meaningful and practical approach to achieving a viable level of cultural proficiency in education professionals. Bravo!"