Develop standards-based report cards that are meaningful to students, parents, and educators!
Helping school leaders gain support for transitioning from traditional to standards-based report cards, this book guides educators in aligning assessment and reporting practices with standards-based education and providing more detailed reports of children’s learning and progress. This accessible volume:
- Provides a clear framework for developing standards-based report cards
- Shows how to communicate with parents, students, and other stakeholders about changes
- Illustrates how to achieve grading consistency without increasing teachers’ workloads or violating their professional autonomy
- Includes examples of standards-based report cards that can be adapted to a school’s needs
SAGE Publications; November 2009
- ISBN: 9781452207438
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Developing Standards-Based Report Cards
- Author: Thomas R. Guskey (ed.); Jane M. Bailey (ed.)
In The Press
"This is a must-read for devoted Guskey-Bailey disciples! This latest addition to their collective wisdom provides clear measures for addressing the unique grading challenges of children with special education needs and children considered gifted or talented in the regular education classroom. Teachers who collaborate on students’ grades will find the recommended practices to be fair, logical, and an excellent way to communicate student learning."