Create assessments that meet state standards and target students’ learning needs!
In this revised edition of her bestseller, Kay Burke provides a wide range of easy-to-implement alternative assessments that address today’s accountability requirements. Designed for use across all content areas, these formative assessments are rooted in the language of state standards and emphasize differentiating instruction to meet students’ diverse learning needs. Updated research and examples help K–12 teachers:
- Build Response to Intervention checklists for struggling students
- Develop unit plans using differentiated learning and assessment strategies
- Create portfolios that emphasize metacognition
- Design performance tasks that motivate and engage students
- Construct rubrics that describe indicators of quality work
- Create tests that focus on higher-order thinking skills