Collaboration 101 for teachers, parents, and school communities
Teachers in both general and special education classrooms are being asked to collaborate to give all students access to the general education curriculum. The challenge is that teachers receive very little training in how to collaborate successfully.Collaborate, Communicate, and Differentiate! takes collaboration out of the abstract and applies it to daily tasks such as:
- Planning and differentiating instruction
- Communicating with families
- Assessing students with diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Coordinating with all staff members
SAGE Publications; February 2011
- ISBN: 9781452269047
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Collaborate, Communicate, and Differentiate!
- Author: Wendy Murawski; Sally A. Spencer
In The Press
"An all-in-one book—a lighthearted and well grounded introduction to collaboration, how it can improve education for all children, and its role in effectively educating students with special needs. Murawski and Spencer are accomplished classroom teachers and teacher educators who share their expertise and enthusiasm as they provide key approaches to collaboration as a method for achieving critical goals for diverse learners. They tell it like it is, and they do so with humor and straight talk."