Small changes can lead to big results!
Best-selling author Jim Knight presents the high-leverage strategies that make the biggest difference in student learning. Featuring checklists, numerous observation tools, and online videos of teachers implementing the practices, this revolutionary book focuses on the three areas of high-impact instruction:
- Content planning, including using guiding questions, learning maps, and formative assessment
- Instructional practices such as the use of thinking prompts, effective questions, challenging assignments, and experiential learning
- Community building, in which you shape a classroom culture that promotes well-being, creativity, learning, and high expectations
SAGE Publications; November 2012
- ISBN: 9781452279558
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: High-Impact Instruction
- Author: Jim Knight
In The Press
"Jim Knight has the capacity to be crystal clear at both the micro and the macro levels—a rare talent. High-Impact Instruction goes deep and it goes comprehensive. Planning, instruction, and community building become interwoven in a powerful manifesto for fundamental instructional and system change—a treasure trove of clear concepts, great ideas for action, and the tools to implement them."