Uncover buried data to close the achievement gap!
Standardized test scores only reveal part of the story. Many hidden factors contribute to the achievement gap and chronic low school performance. The authors dramatically illustrate how to mine data from nontraditional sources—disciplinary policies, teacher attendance, special education referrals, and more—to uncover and eliminate systemic inequities. This solution-focused guide helps teachers and leaders:
- Ask the right questions
- Verify data that affects graduation rates, special education placement, and the achievement of English learners
- Effectively analyze data to improve student achievement
- Challenge the status quo and take action
SAGE Publications; August 2010
- ISBN: 9781452213903
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Data Strategies to Uncover and Eliminate Hidden Inequities
- Author: Ruth S. Johnson; Robin L. Avelar La Salle
In The Press
"Systemic barriers inhibiting progress for culturally and linguistically diverse students do exist. The 'Other Data' found in this book will spark the necessary inquiry to surface the roots of these challenges and ultimately lead to the elimination of inequitable outcomes plaguing our schools. Equity warriors everywhere will find this useful resource packed with effective strategies, user-friendly processes, and helpful tools."