The definitive guidebook to the complex terrain of 21st-century standards!
Standards, assessments, grading, and reporting provide the foundation for nearly every initiative in modern education reform. But what do these terms actually mean? This easy-to-use Q&A gives short, simple, jargon-free answers to the questions that frequently stymie educators. Readers will come away with:
- A consistent vocabulary and frame of reference to share with other educators
- An understanding of effective implementation in all four areas
- Specific ideas for purposeful action
- Common ground that teachers, leadership teams, schools, and districts can use as a basis for successful improvement efforts
SAGE Publications; November 2012
- ISBN: 9781452279497
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Answers to Essential Questions About Standards, Assessments, Grading, and Reporting
- Author: Thomas R. Guskey; Lee Ann Jung
In The Press
"This book is a must read for educators and policy makers at all levels. The authors do an excellent job answering essential questions on standards, assessments, grading, and reporting using research-based evidence. If educators follow the authors’ suggestions, learning and teaching in schools would be transformed."