Teach your students learning strategies that will last a lifetime!
Beyond facts and figures, special educators must teach their students how to learn: a skill that will sustain them for a lifetime. Offering an innovative organization, this book explains strategies within context and features:
- The most effective ways to teach vocabulary, reading, written language, math, and science
- Instructional strategies known to improve study skills, textbook skills, and self-regulation
- Informal assessments for each content or skill
- Case studies that link assessment results, IEP goals, and learning strategies
- Ready-to-use forms, think-alouds, and application activities