Get to the core of your students’ understanding of math!
Quickly and reliably identify your primary students’ math knowledge with these convenient and easy-to-implement diagnostic tools! Tobey and Fagan provide 25 new assessments specifically for Grades K–2 and directly aligned with the Common Core. Organized by strand, the probes will enable you to:
- Quickly and objectively evaluate each child’s prior knowledge of basic math and numeracy
- Systematically address common mistakes and obstacles before they become long-term problems
- Make sound instructional choices to improve all students’ math skills
SAGE Publications; May 2013
- ISBN: 9781452284842
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Uncovering Student Thinking About Mathematics in the Common Core, Grades K–2
- Author: Cheryl Rose Tobey; Emily R. Fagan
In The Press
"The material presented in the book is useful and practical for immediate use and implementation. The book clearly provides processes that support a plan to monitor and diagnose student understanding in an authentic manner. The Quest Cycle is a means for placing a framework around each chapter's content along with the alignment to the CCSS for mathematics and NCTM as a critical piece to provide a layer of integrity to the work presented in the book."