Turn teachers—and students—into tech-savvy digital citizens!
When teachers harness technologies and digital resources, they build upon their teaching expertise and change the way students learn. With this comprehensive job-embedded professional development program, you will help K–12 teachers incorporate digital literacies into their classroom practice. Features include:
- A modular, adaptable framework that capitalizes on existing personnel and resources
- Instructions on developing Personal Learning Networks (PLNs) for applying digital literacies in the classroom
- Tips for maximizing teacher buy-in
- Technology-related supports for schoolwide curriculum integration
- A companion website with electronic planning and implementation materials, sample instructional tools, and links to resources
SAGE Publications; July 2013
- ISBN: 9781483332864
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Developing Digital Literacies
- Author: Dustin C. Summey
In The Press
"Summey presents a well-crafted, technology professional development model that is sound in practice, adaptable, and can be easily implemented at the local level. And, as an added bonus, he includes a new digital literacies framework which surrounds the professional development structure and is a stellar model for framing the teaching and learning of the important 21st century skill-set for both educators and students!"