Students are plugged in, powered up, and connected. Are you?
The author gives teachers a deeper understanding of the dynamic potential for increasing student learning through digital media. Based on a three-year study of youth and their use of new media, this teacher-friendly resource includes:
- Descriptions of digital tools such as social networking platforms, YouTube, Wikipedia, virtual worlds, digital music, and more
- Vignettes about how young people use digital media
- Sidebars debunking common myths about technology
- Advice about navigating digital media for both novice and expert teachers
- Pedagogical implications and practices, including sample activities