Lead effective special education programs that promote student achievement!
Updated to address recent federal mandates, this new edition of the best-selling guide helps principals navigate accountability requirements and build high-quality special education programs. New information enables educational administrators to:
- Address requirements of NCLB and the 2004 reauthorization of IDEA, including standards-based individualized education programs
- Ensure that special education students can appropriately access the general curriculum
- Understand standardized testing options and accommodations to comply with federal law
- Support accurate identification and eligibility decisions, including Response to Intervention procedures
- Promote positive behavior and encourage family involvement