Pinpoint and reverse math misconceptions with laser-like accuracy
Quickly and reliably uncover common math misconceptions in Grades 6-8 with these convenient and easy-to-implement diagnostic tools! Bestselling authors Cheryl Tobey and Carolyn Arline provide 25 new assessment probes that pinpoint subconcepts within the new Common Core Standards for Mathematics to promote deep learning and expert math instruction--while learning is already underway.
Completely CCSM aligned, these grade-specific probes eliminate the guesswork and help teachers:
- Systematically address conceptual and procedural mistakes
- Help students better understand areas of struggle
- Plan targeted instruction that covers Grades 6-8 CCSM mathematical processes and proficiencies
SAGE Publications; October 2013
- ISBN: 9781483340388
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Uncovering Student Thinking About Mathematics in the Common Core, Grades 6-8
- Author: Cheryl Rose Tobey; Carolyn B. Arline
In The Press
"The formative assessment probes are the best part of this book. I love that the probes are broken down by concepts and that they are described using the QUEST process – this allows the teachers to really reflect on their teaching and how the students are learning. This book will definitely help mathematics teachers now that the CCSS are becoming such a big part of our teaching."