Your definitive guide to inquiry- and argument-based science—updated for today’s standards!
Doug Llewellyn’s two big aims with this new edition of Inquire Within? To help you engage students in activities and explorations that draw on their big questions, then build students’ capacity to defend their claims. Always striking a balance between the “why” and the “how,” new features include how to
- Teach argumentation, a key requirement of both the Common Core and NGSS
- Adapt your existing science curricula and benefit from the book’s many lesson plans
- Improve students’ language learning and communication skills through inquiry-based instruction
- Develop your own inquiry-based mindset
SAGE Publications; November 2013
- ISBN: 9781452299242
- Edition: 3
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Inquire Within
- Author: Douglas J. Llewellyn
In The Press
"For years Doug Llewellyn's books have provided a strong foundation for both beginning and veteran teachers as they integrated real inquiry experiences into science classes. Today teachers seeking deeper understanding of the Next Generation Science Standards are asking how inquiry fits into the broader array of Science and Engineering Practices/ This updated guide has the answers, expending and enriching the process of inquiry by showing how such practices as scientific argumentation fit. Llewellyn's model of teaching and his rich array of practical examples can help every teacher and student to experiences that clearly illustrate what scientists and engineers do. This is certainly a guide for the next generation of great teachers."