From two math coaches who really know how
Have you ever wished there were a single resource to help you tackle your most persistent teaching issues once and for all? To engage students in more meaningful ways? To provide the tools you need to increase students’ understanding of key mathematical concepts? All at the same time! Math coaches Thomasenia Lott Adams and Joanne LaFramenta have just written it.
With the help of this book, you’ll be armed with the know-how to
- employ strategies to achieve the CCSS, especially the Mathematical Practices
- make purposeful teaching decisions
- facilitate differentiated instruction
- teach and learn with manipulatives
- use technology appropriately
SAGE Publications; December 2013
- ISBN: 9781452282596
- Edition: 1
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure ePub format
- Title: Math Know-How
- Author: Thomasenia L. Adams; Joanne J. LaFramenta
In The Press
"As we shift from our individual state standards to Common Core State Standards for mathematics, this book will be a valuable resource in establishing strategies and instructional techniques to better equip teachers for the overwhelming transition for teaching mathematics with a new way of thinking. As a master teacher, it will be a resource that I will turn to for mentoring teachers."